Wednesday 21 May 2008

The times they are a changing

Having got very depressed I took some sick leave and went off with she who must be obeyed, in the caravan. At this point I was not using the "pump" to control the sleep aponea and not using the puffers to control the asthma either - in short I was a real mess. This all came together when we were at Stowford Meadows in Devon (near Ilfracombe) I got extremely short of breath, and even passed out, as I was at this point afraid to sleep (in case I didn't wake up). We went to a very good local doctor who sorted the problems with the asthma which helped to sort out the sleep problem which also helped with the depression. Realising that this could not really go on as I had been off work for a couple of months and was not really concentrating on it when I was there ! I spoke to the Boss and decided to retire. So after 30 years with Thames Valley Police, and before that 12 years in the Army, I found my self unemployed for the very first time !! The relief was immense - All the weight of the world removed from my shoulders
For the first time I felt free. No uniforms, no 12 hour shifts, no having to do personnel reports, and be polite to an awful lot of people I didn't really like or respect in some cases - Look out Golf course hereI come !!
Cheers
mog

No comments: